We have a plugin installed in our sites that is designed to convert YouTube links into videos but it doesn’t always work as it should.
There are two workarounds.
1. Click the Add Media button above the page editing area. Click “Insert from URL” on the left side and paste the video link overwriting the “http://” sample that is currently there. Click “insert into post” in the lower right corner.
2. Highlight the video link that is wrongly displayed as a link, then click this button shown below:
Then save the page and the link should be automatically turned into a video.
This should also work for Vimeo videos though we recommend the “Add Media” option to be safe.
This also only works for copying and pasting the video URL from your browser’s address bar. It does not work with embed codes provided by video websites. If you have an embed code you will have to manually add it to the site’s HTML code under the “Text” tab and save the page while still in the “Text” tab. If you edit the page with the Visual editor now or at any point in the future, it may break the video embed.
If it still doesn’t work, please try these steps in order:
1. If your video, make sure it is public. You cannot embed videos unless they are public; the private setting where videos are available only to those with the link will not work.
2. If it is not your video, please contact the person who made the video. They may have restrictions in place preventing their videos from being embedded on third-party sites.
3. If it is your video, it is public, you have followed all these steps carefully, and it still is not working… contact Integrity support.